One of my favorite things to do during summer vacation is to catch up on my quiet time. This is the time I try to set apart each day for God. I used to be really good at reading, reflecting and praying before bedtime each night. Lately, between having had major surgery and spending the day teaching energetic 5 year olds, I find myself completely drained in the evenings. So my plan for the new school year is to get better about having quiet time early in the mornings before leaving for school. Now that both kids have started college and are more and more independent, I'm hoping it will be easier. Thus my love for summer mornings!
So let me tell you about this new book I picked up at the library: "Me and My Big Mouth!" Its written by one of my favorite authors, Joyce Meyer, and so far the premise of the book seems to be focused on how we should be careful how we speak. Our choice of words not only affect our own lives but influences those around us. I love that verse in the Bible that tells us to be "slow to speak" Check out James 1:19. In one of the chapters I read yesterday, the author reminds us that not only gossiping is sinful but so is complaining. Oh No!!! I had to stop right there when I read the word "complaining" As I reflect back on this school year I complained so much at work!! Not about my job so much, I love my job, but I used these words constantly "I'm so tired!" Almost everyday when talking to my coworkers I found myself exchaning those words all the time "I'm so tired" or "Its so early" "Its so hot outside!" blah blah blah ! Gosh, what kind of example was I ? I don't think it was a coincidence that I picked up this book!! Thank you Joyce Meyer for writing it! In it she writes that "complaining is sinful" and I am going to remember that! Check out John 6:43. She goes on to remind us that we should start our day by giving thanks to God for everything. (I'm usually very good about that and then when I get to work ---why do I forget? ugh!) My neighbors, the Garcias, have always been such great examples of living out the "no complaining because its sinful" thing. There ar 7 people living in their house including a 3 year old, a brand new baby and a great grandmother! In the 6 years I have known them, I have yet to hear them complain about anything. I admire them so much for the example they are living out. Love you Rosa, Orlando, Sandra, and Orlandito!
So I'm off to start my day and I promise not to complain! I will be joyful and Praise God for all that I have and that I am today. Thank you Jesus!




No comments:
Post a Comment